Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fireworks July 04, 2006

Apparently it is legal to buy and set off fireworks here in Evansville. This is a totally foreign concept to me! I've always lived in places where it was illegal within the city limits. So, when you walk into Walmart and Target, they have these huge displays of fireworks to buy!
Tonight we went over to a friend's house, ate dinner, and set off fireworks. It was a lot of fun, and all the kids enjoyed it. My kids were the most frightend by the noises and sounds, but that didn't surprise me :) I think there were at least a half a dozen fireworks displays on this block alone! We were doing the small "family pack" type fireworks, but many people had the real kind like you see at a ballgame.
Fireworks are kind of a weird tradition if you think about it. I mean, one day a year we set things on fire in the front yard. How bizzare is that?

0 comments: